Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Altec 906-8a???

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What is this driver and is it wirth purchasing?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    If you read the following forum you will find your answer. WEB PAGE

    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...&t=1525&f=3729


    ..................................................

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anything else?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 906's weren't very good sounding, I will give you that much. Neither were the DH1012's. Neither one of them had high frequency extension much past 13k.

    However, for PA applications, I have several of them that I put DH1A diaphragms into, and they work fine. Not quite as sensitive as a real DH1A because of the smaller magnet, but they put out a lot of sound and I have covered 800 people easily with 4 of them witn 75 watts to each horn in a 4-way active PA system.

    Speaking of horns...I am looking for 3 more MRII564 horns eventually to complete my PA system, so if anybody out there has some for sale at a cost effective (read cheap!) price, please let me know! I have been watching ebay for months with no success.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.